Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kyoto

In Kyoto, we hiked through streets full of shops. Some of the shops gave away sweets. We saw fan shops, pottery shops, and chop stick shops. We stopped and ate Udon, which is a kind of noodle in soup.

We finally got up to the top of the hill and saw some amazing shrines. The temples and shrines we saw are like churches for one of Japan's major religions, Buddism. We saw people praying at several of these places. One interesting thing was they took off their shoes before going in and put on thongs.

At the shrines, many people would dress in traditional Japanese clothes, like Kimonos. I asked some of the girls if I could take a picture of them. They were very beautiful and nice.

Visitors to the temples collect water from the fountains in metal cups and drink it for health, and long life.

Kyoto is a very beautiful city.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you said. -Mia
    I really miss you in Japan. -Alexa
    Did you do any more fun things? -Chloe
    You had a lot of details to your blog. -Liam
    Did you write that all by yourself? -Ameli
    Do you have friends in Japan? - Cosimo
    I hope you have a good flight back home. -Danielle
    I want to know more about your trip. I might go there too to see what it is like. -Ava
    I like what you said and I like your pictures. -Kiara
    I like the pictures and I want you to add more. -Sawyer
    How long are you going to stay there? -Summer

    ReplyDelete